Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Module 3 - Concept Mapping

This week we worked on concept mapping. I found that thinking of business training (or training and education in general) as problem solving rather than puzzle solving was a great analogy. I think it is important for those in command to understand the difference. By pointing out that puzzles only have one solution while problems may have many solutions is a great way to describe the difference to those in "positions of power."

Mindmeister is a great free tool to use. This sight does require registration, but it is free to use. Here is a sample concept map that I created in Mindmeister.



1 comment:

Datta Kaur said...

Jennifer,

Thanks for your mindmeister concept map - liked the unique look and valuable application.

I appreciate your notation on puzzle versus problem-solving - good 'mindset' point for discussion.

Well done! ~ Datta Kaur