Sunday, July 20, 2008

Module 5 - Assessment Taxonomy Reflection

I found the Bloom's Taxonomy table to be extremely helpful when looking at levels of assessment. This is a great tool to use when creating or redesigning classes. By using the table it is easy to see what level most of the activities fall within. The table can also be used to see very quickly what levels may be lacking within the class or module. Click here to view my Assessment Taxonomy.

I also thought the information presented in the background of this module was very interesting. Plagiarism and cheating are a concern for all educators whether they teach face-to-face or online. I had never thought about using assessments involving teamwork, integration of concepts, authentic presentations, and realistic and immediate application, and progressive projects as a way to help reduce unethical behavior. I can see how progressive assessments would provide the instructor with a way to become familiar with the level of individual work, writing styles and quality of presentation.

1 comment:

Swedee said...

Your thoughts about progressive assessments are very insightful. Progressive assessments do help reduce plagiarism. Good job on your Blooms table. - Jennifer J.